FOOTBALL EDUCATION PROGRAMME
In partnership with SCL Education and Newcastle Benfield FC. Sponsored by NWR Hygiene.
At NEA you can maximise your potential with our age-specific, full-time training programme delivered within an elite environment.
- Top class facilities at two sites within Northumbria University (Coach Lane Campus and Sport Central)
- Highly qualified staff with a vast experience of youth and professional football
- Multi disciplined programme and pathways leading to professional / semi-professional opportunities and scholarships in the UK and USA
Education Through Sport at Newcastle Elite Academy
SCL Education & Training are the UK’s leading independent provider of education through sport.
- We are a government funded education provider
- We are experts in sport and education delivery with over 20 years’ experience
- We are creating the next generation of sports professionals
- We are working in partnership with 70+ football, rugby and cricket clubs nationwide
- We are nationally recognised for high quality information, advice and guidance
Year 1 – Complete an NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity
Year 2 – Complete an NCFE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity
What is an NCFE Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity?
Developed with employers in mind, your NCFE qualification will combine a mix of practical and theoretical learning.
This qualification is designed to be taken by those wishing to progress to a career in the sport and physical activity sector and aims to provide you with the specialist knowledge, skills and understanding relating to the sport and physical activity sector.
Combine your passion for football with a full-time education and development programme, and benefit from an outstanding learning and teaching experience.
Your NCFE Diploma will:
- Use a range of delivery methods across all units
- Provide you with realistic insights into the world of work and opportunities to improve your performance
- Provide you with a range of learning resources to support with your studies
- Provide optional units to complete, depending on your personal interest or career aspirations
- Offer a variety of progression routes and help towards entry criteria for university application
“The purpose of our Football Education Programme is so that they (students) can achieve what they want to achieve in life through football and their education.” – Rob Elliot, NEA Director
FUTURE PATHWAYS : THE PITCH
Professional and Semi Professional Football: Training with with NEA provides you with an opportunity to progress and play professional or semi-professional football during or post programme with a top class trainingprogramme and coaching team allowing a real chance to maximise potential.
Scholarships: Pathways to progress to UK and USA Scholarship with tours, networking and exposure. A Scholarship will allow you to continue your studies whilst training and competing at a high level continuing a dual career pathway.
Coaching: From plenty of experience participating in high quality coaching delivery, player reviews and development in game understanding you can combine your pitch and classroom studies to start your coaching career with opportunities available at NEA.
FUTURE PATHWAYS : THE CLASSROOM
Education: Successful completion of your study programme will provide you with the option to apply for university. As part of your weekly tutorials, you will receive support and guidance with your UCAS and student finance applications.
Apprenticeships: If you decide to combine further study with employment, you will be eligible for an apprenticeship within the sport and leisure industry.
Employment: Upon successful completion of your study programme, you will receive information, support and guidance on a variety of aspects to support you in securing meaningful employment. This will form the basis of your tutorial sessions, in addition to the academic monitoring and target setting.
PARTNERSHIP : NEWCASTLE BENFIELD FC
Newcastle Elite Academy is delighted to announce our partnership with Newcastle Benfield FC. The partnership has been created to aid both parties in their pursuit of a successful youth development pathway for talented players in the area.
As part of the partnership, NEA will represent Newcastle Benfield FC who are currently competing in EBAC Northern league division 1 by fielding a team in the National League U19’s Alliance league for the 2020-21 season.
The newly formed Newcastle Benfield FC U18 & U19 teams will look to provide a successful youth system to the club providing opportunities for players to work towards breaking into the first team, allowing the club to produce their own local talent.
“Many talented local youngsters can lose their way when leaving youth football, especially when transitioning into senior and semi pro football. We have already seen three of our student athletes step up into the first team squad (Newcastle Benfield FC) within the first few months of our partnership which is fantastic to see.” – Mike Williamson, NEA Director